If you’re looking for a healthier diet, you really can’t go wrong with eating more fruits and vegetables. Unfortunately, some people get bored with the veggie options that are out there, and as a result, many end up falling back into bad eating habits. For this reason, it’s a good idea to have multiple preparation methods so that you don’t get stuck in a rut, which is why people purchase kitchen appliances like the julienne peeler, which can really make your vegetables zing.
A good julienne peeler can help you in stir-fries, it can be used to make vegetable noodles, and it’s perfect for the preparation of various salads and sandwiches. In fact, having one of these in your cooking repertoire is a great way to add some variety to your prepared meals, and in this guide, we’re going to show you the nine best julienne peelers on the market so that you can bring a little more health into your diet.
Quick Overview: Top 3 Best Julienne Peelers
|UberChef UC-JP101 Erg Premium Ultra Sharp Julienne Peeler||Check Price|
|Deiss® PRO Dual Julienne & Vegetable Peeler||Check Price|
|Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler||Check Price|
Best Julienne Peelers – Review
1. UberChef UC-JP101 Erg Premium Ultra Sharp Julienne Peeler – Best Julienne Peeler for Consistency
- It has a brushed steel handle.
- It’s very ergonomic.
- This peeler can be used in any direction.
- The shredder is subpar.
- The cut can be slightly too thin for some.
- The head can be a bit too large for finer cuts.
For consistent cuts that look great, there are few products on the market that are better than this one. If you want to julienne regularly and need a product that should last for years thanks to a high level of durability, try this UberChef product.
2. Deiss® PRO Dual Julienne & Vegetable Peeler – Best Julienne Peeler for a Professional-Level Experience.
- It has a very professional-style design.
- It has a hanging loop.
- You can use it to de-eye potatoes.
- There’s no blade cover.
- It struggles with smaller, thinner veggies.
If you’re looking to peel and even spiralize veggies, this product does a professional-level job. The blades are very sharp, so you know that you’ll experience a high level of consistency with your cuts.
3. Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler – Repeatedly Named Best Kitchen Gadget in Food Magazines Nationwide
Kuhn Rikon brings you their Julienne Peeler as a simple and affordable option for making stunning restaurant-quality dishes with a bit of flourish. This peeler is made from stainless steel, so it is rust and corrosion-resistant. The blade protector not only helps guard the blade but reduces operator risk of nicks and cuts from the razor-sharp blade.
This peeler has been specifically designed to work wonders on harder foods such as carrots and potatoes, but is versatile enough to work well on other vegetables, such as beets, cucumbers, and zucchini. This makes this the perfect Julienne Peeler for making a wide range of dishes, including delicate stir-fries and uniform ingredients for soups and casseroles. The solid blade is also perfect for making tiny strips from smooth chocolate, making a great garnish.
- Single stationary blade Julienne Peeler
- Made of rust and corrosion-resistant stainless steel
- Blade guard for increased safety
- Strong enough for carrots and potatoes
- Can be used on semi-firm vegetables as well
- Blade stays sharp even when used regularly
- The blade may become loose and even fall out over time
- Julienne slices may be too small for some preparations
- Clogs easily when using on wetter vegetables
- More expensive than comparable peelers
4. AwsumPlanet Dual Julienne Peeler and Vegetable Peeler – Easiest on Your Hands
Sometimes you need a peeler that offers a bit of comfort while you work. Thanks to this dual peeler from AwsumPlanet, you can have just that. This dual-edged Julienne and Vegetable peeler features a non-slip handle covering to help you keep a firm hold on your peeler in the messiest of situations. The handle also helps to reduce fatigue when you have mountains of veggies to peel.
The dual blade peeler has both a straight edge and Julienne edge. The straight one is designed for slicing and peeling long strips of your favorite foods, perfect for sandwiches and layered dishes. The Julienne blade cuts thin slices evenly and effortlessly. This peeler is strong enough to cut through the hardest vegetables including carrots and turnips, while the sharp blades can slice easily through more delicate skins like that of a vine-ripened tomato.
Cleaning up is a breeze, simply rinse the peeler under running water or throw it in the dishwasher and voila, sparkling clean. If you still have any doubts, this peeler also comes backed by a 100% no-risk satisfaction guarantee.
- Multifunctional peeler that peels, slices, and Juliennes
- Dual blade design
- Made of high-quality rustproof stainless steel
- Non-slip comfort grip hand for added safety and decreased hand fatigue
- Super sharp blades slice hard and softer veggies with ease
- Potato eye remover built into the side of the peeler
- Dishwasher safe
- Include 100% no-risk guarantee
- Closely spaced Julienne blade clogs easily
- No blade guard, risk of cuts and nicks
- Require practice to use efficiently for individuals not used to using a Julienne peeler
5. Precision Kitchenware Ultra Sharp Dual Julienne Peeler – A Small Handheld Peeler for All Produce
The first thing to notice about the Precision Kitchewarea Dual Vegetable Peeler is its sleek design. This shiny metal device looks snazzy and fits the aesthetic of any kitchen. The blade is made out of a high-quality stainless steel that is resistant to dulling so you can be sure you get a sharp peel every time. The blade is strong enough to peel the toughest produce, such as pumpkins and squash.
The Kitchenware is a dual blade peeler meaning it has one side for peeling vegetables and another for shredding them. So once you are doing peeling your carrots, you can shred them to bits for use in salads and the like. The addition of the jagged shredding edge makes the tool a bit difficult to clean, but it comes with a special attachment brush for getting food residue out of those hard to reach crevasses in the blade.
Even better, the Kitchenware comes with a lifetime satisfaction guarantee, so you can send it back for any reason and get your full purchase back. In that sense, there is no reason not to try this one as there is no loss even if you do not like it!
Some users report that the small size makes it get clogged easily but as long as you periodically clean out the blade attachment this issue should not be too much of a problem. Lastly, it is extremely affordable so you can get a nice peeler without putting a huge hole in your wallet.
- Very sharp high-quality steel blade keeps its edge
- Double-sided blade attachment works for peeling and shredding
- Lifetime satisfaction guarantee
- Small size gets easily clogged
- Very sharp blade is easy to cut yourself on if you’re not careful
6. Priority Chef Julienne Peeler and Vegetable Peeler – Best Julienne Peeler for Aesthetic Design
- The stainless steel body is very attractive from an aesthetic point of view.
- This is a relatively lightweight and easy-to-use product.
- It comes with a wire brush to clean the head assembly.
- The head assembly cuts through food very easily.
- Sometimes food can become wedged in the blade.
- You’ll have to clean it manually.
- It’s so sharp that you can cut yourself fairly easily.
When it comes to versatility, it’s hard to find a more versatile julienne peeler on today’s market than the Priority Chef peeler. It has an easy-to-use design that allows you to cut both ways, and it’s also designed to perform multiple kitchen tasks, which adds to its value.
7. Sunkuka Julienne Peeler – Best Multifunction Julienne Peeler
Whether you want to peel, slice, Julienne, or remove damage from your fruits and vegetables, the Sunkuka Julienne Peeler has everything you need in one handy and inexpensive kitchen tool. This peeler features two blades, one for making thin long slices or peeling and the other for producing perfectly Julienned strips.
Made of high-quality food-grade 18/8 stainless steel, this peeler has razor-sharp blades that are recessed and guarded to protect you from any nicks and cuts. Each side of the peeler has a unique dig hole perfect for removing potato eyes or any damaged areas of your food. The peeling blade rotates independently for the thinnest peel allowing you to save the best for eating with minimal waste. The large handle allows a comfortable grip and the handle-end is outfitted with a strong hook for easy hanging storage. You also get a bonus cleaning brush to rid your peeler of any lingering food debris. Or throw it in the dishwasher for the simplest clean.
This peeler works great for potatoes and other vegetables, but can also slice easily through most cheeses, yet is sharp enough to remove the delicate skin of a vine-ripened tomato. Sunkuka is so convinced you will love their peeler; each one comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Multifunctional peeler that peels, slices, and Juliennes
- Made of the best food-grade 18/8 stainless steel, rust-resistant
- Razor-sharp blades recessed and protected
- 2 dig holes
- Dishwasher safe
- Cleaning brush included
- Small space between Julienne blades may clog easily requiring regular clearing
- Slicing blades may bend with excess force
- Rotation may be too loose for some users
8. Joseph Joseph 10110 Multi-Peel Y-shaped Julienne Peeler – Best Julienne Peeler for Overall Performance
- It has an attractive aesthetic design.
- The product is very stable in most hands and has a very easy-to-grip handle.
- The blade is made of stainless steel and is easy to clean.
- Parts of the blade assembly can bend.
- This could be a bit too small for some hands.
- For longer julienne strips, you have to slice towards your hand.
Overall, if you’re looking for a relatively inexpensive julienne peeler, this product from Joseph Joseph stands out as a good choice for most. It has an easy-to-use design, and it is also fairly ergonomic and quick-slicing.
9. OXO Good Grips Julienne Peeler – Best Julienne Peeler for Ergonomics and Grip
- This is a very compact product.
- It’s very easy to hang on a hook around your kitchen.
- There’s a useful safety cover that can protect your fingers.
- It can be washed in the dishwasher.
- The blade isn’t the most durable.
- Sometimes, the blade doesn’t make the cleanest cuts.
- Veggie matter can get caught between the ridges.
Despite a couple of issues with the consistency of the blade, this peeler performs very well. One of its best features is its grippable base and no-slide ridges, which is why this can be a good addition to just about any kitchen.
10. Zyliss Julienne Peeler – Lightest Julienne Peeler
If simplicity is what you are looking for, then this Julienne peeler from Zyliss may fit just right. The lightweight design of this peeler allows you to do twice the work in half the time, making quick work of potatoes, carrots, even lettuce, and zucchini. The wide stainless steel blade has been acidly etched for the sharpest serrated edge available on any Julienne peeler for at-home use. You can also use the spot cutter on the side of the peeler to remove eyes from potatoes or other small imperfections as you work.
With the rise in popularity of veggie pasta this little peeler is a must for the keto or vegetarian cook and makes it easy to add more vegetables to all of your meals. The thin Julienne slices are not too small that the vegetables fall apart or turn to mush, but are also not too big to distract from the overall look of a dish. Perfect for individuals wanting to add a kick to their salads and just about any dish.
- The solid strong blade can easily cut through all firm and semi-firm vegetables with ease
- Ergonomically designed handle for added comfort and decreased fatigue
- Lightweight “Y” design
- Wide stainless steel blade
- Acid-etched for a super sharp serrated blade
- Dishwasher Safe
- Includes a 5-year guarantee
- Has a learning curve
- Very sharp blades with NO guard
- The plastic handle may cause the blade to become loose or fall out with repeated use
- May be more difficult for left-handed users to use
A julienne peeler allows you to cut into the skin of veggies and fruit and produce long strings of string-like cuttings that you can use in a wide variety of ways. A good julienne can be used to make spiralized pasta, salads, or sandwich filler. These tools make cutting into tough-skinned root vegetables easy. The blade is typically very sharp and some are even designed to produce peelings of various shapes and sizes, which adds to the product’s versatility.
Now that you have an idea about some of the best peelers on the market and what the product is good for, you may be wondering what some of the product features that make for a good julienne peeler are. In this part of the guide, we’re going to touch on some of the features to consider as well as some key aspects of the julienne peeler that you should consider when you’re making a purchase. The first feature to consider is:
When you’re constantly slicing and peeling veggies with one tool, you’ll definitely need an easy way to clean it between dishes. Fortunately, many products out there on the market have blades that can quickly be opened so that you can get at any excess vegetable matter that gets stuck in the slicer. Additionally, some products, like some of the peelers that we have featured in the review section, are dishwasher-safe, which means cleanup is even easier.
It’s just important that you clean up your julienne peeler as often as possible and between every meal so that there’s no gunky buildup between food prep sessions. For many products, cleanup can be very simple; in fact, it can be as easy as cleaning up silverware but avoid products that have too many internal surfaces and peelers so that you aren’t stuck with a device that’s a pain to wash. Some products even come with wire brushes that help you get into the tighter areas of the peeler so that you can clean these areas easier.
What are other important features to consider?
Ergonomics and Handle Design
When you’re peeling large vegetables, it can be very easy to get a little fatigued, especially if you’re peeling a lot. For this reason, it’s a great idea to purchase a product that’s designed for comfortable ergonomics; this will allow for the whole slicing process to be easier on your hands. This is crucial when you have conditions like arthritis, which can be very painful under too much repetition – having an ergonomic julienne slicer can greatly reduce the discomfort.
Additionally, having a handle that’s well-designed is also important, and every julienne peeler should provide a slip-resistant grip so that you don’t accidentally cut your hands while preparing vegetables.
A solid, reliable construction is essential to the julienne peeler experience, and a good product should last you for years. The last thing you want is for the blade to snap or the handle to break during food preparation because both can lead to inconvenience at best and injury at worst. For this reason, look for peelers with high-quality materials – even premium julienne peelers won’t break the bank, and you’ll appreciate how long they last.
Over time, no matter how durable your julienne is, you may have to replace the blade. For this reason, a product with swappable blades can be very convenient because once your blade begins to dull, there are safety and convenience issues. Some products on the market today have blades that can easily be swapped out for newer and sharper replacements, and some products even allow you to swap in blades with different shapes so that you can receive a brand new slicing experience.
There are a fairly wide variety of blade options when you’re in the market for a julienne peeler, and the type of blade material can be a fairly subjective experience. That being said, you’ll typically be able to choose from:
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel blades are by far the most common blades on a julienne peeler, and typically, they are also the most reliable. These blades won’t rust so you can let them air-dry, look fairly attractive, and also have a tendency to maintain their sharpness. Additionally, these blades also tend to be the most affordable of the blade types on the market.
- Carbon Steel: For ease of sharpening, carbon steel blades stand out, and for this reason, you will most likely need to sharpen your julienne’s blades rather than outright replacing them if you go with carbon steel. These are also very tough and durable blades, so you won’t have to worry about them getting damaged by an accidental drop. Keep in mind that carbon steel has a greater tendency to rust if not dried off immediately compared to stainless steel.
- Ceramic: Ceramic blades are often considered the sharpest of the blade types. One of the best features of these is their ability to stay sharp up to 10 times longer than steel blades. Also, as you might expect, ceramic blades just won’t ever be in danger of rusting, and the metallic taste that can come with other types of blades simply won’t occur in your foods. The only drawback with ceramic blades is the fact that they can be a bit more brittle, and if you drop them, they can break.
Reasons to Consider Buying a Julienne Peeler
Now that you understand some of the features of the product, you may be wondering the benefits that one of these peelers can impart. There are definitely a lot of benefits, especially when you consider the health advantages of eating more veggies, but there are others to consider:
- They are practical: There are a ton of kitchen gadgets on the market that will simply go to waste in your drawers or on your countertops, but a julienne peeler is practical enough to be used regularly. They are particularly useful for those that stir fry, make sandwiches, or need a quick side dish.
- They save time: Slicing veggies can be time-consuming, and one of these products can save you a lot of time and also prevent kitchen injuries. In fact, a good peeler can completely cut through a carrot in less than a minute.
- You can spiralize without a spiralizer: Spiralizers are great for those that want to create Zoodles and other vegetable pasta, but with a little know-how, you can spiralize with a julienne peeler, which is a much more budget-friendly option.
When it comes to everyday kitchen convenience, the julienne peeler can be a great choice for most people. These small kitchen tools are ergonomic, versatile, and add a lot of convenience to food prep. The products that we have selected in this guide are all very useful and bring with them several key advantages, so pick the one that best fits your kitchen needs and take another look at our buying guide if you have any questions.
Currently, there are models of the julienne peeler on the market that bring a lot of usefulness, but as time progresses, hybrid tools are starting to appear. In fact, soon models that incorporate peeling, grating, and decorative cuts could be coming to the market, which will make preparing vegetables and fruit even more convenient.
Related: TOP 10 BEST VEGETABLE PEELERS
I bought #4 and so far I’m very pleased with it. It’s quite sturdy to hold and doesn’t feel flimsy. I especially like it for sweet potatoes. Comes out nice and uniform.
I have an Uberchef which I use daily. It’s good for fruits like Granny Smith apples and mangoes as well as traditional veggies. Pretty versatile little peeler and well made. Its a staple in my kitchen, don’t know what I would do you f I had to go without it.
I’ve had a couple different julienne peelers as well as choppers over the years, but my Uberchef is the one I use most. Its perfect for carrots, parsnips, pumpkin, you name it. I’ve never used it as a shredder, but I have used it to zest off a little citrus rind. Works well and cleans up nicely.
Was on the lookout for a good julienne peeler for zucchini noodles because I’ve recently discovered you can make these kinds of noodles (late to the party, I know) and I’m mad about them now! Then I found your website, followed what you said and got the top pick because I want the best ;). Very happy with it and I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. Making my zucchini noodles is super easy and it’s fun to do this with my family. My 5 year old loves making loads of noodles!