Now, you might think that this is just an ordinary box. But, if you look at it closely, you will see that it has a lot of functionalities. These diverse functions have the potential to turn your simple meals into extraordinary dishes.
Are you now convinced that you need a box grater for your everyday cooking needs?
Even if you are, it would still be wise to not rush into buying yet. It might be a good idea to first know what you need before making a purchase. After all, if something is this useful, then you definitely want to make the most out of it, right?
Here’s a guide to the best box grater to buy:
|Product Name||Product Dimension||Weight||Dishwasher safe?||Rating|
|1. Spring Chef Stainless Steel Box Grater||5.5 x 4.8 x 9.5 inches||10.9 ounces||Yes||4.8|
|2. Professional Box Grater, Stainless Steel with 4 Sides||9.9 x 5.6 x 5 inches||12 ounces||Yes||4.6|
|3. Cuisipro Surface Glide Technology 4-Sided Boxed Grater||4.5 x 3.8 x 10.5 inches||10.4 ounces||Yes||4.6|
|4. Cuisinart CTG-00-BG Boxed Grater||3.5 x 10 x 4.5 inches||8.8 ounces||Yes||4.5|
|5. OXO Good Grips Box Grater||12 x 4.5 x 2.8 inches||14.9 ounces||Yes||4.5|
|6. KitchenAid KN300OSOBA Gourmet 4-Sided Stainless Steel Box Grater||5.2 x 6.5 x 10.3 inches||15.2 ounces||Yes||4.5|
1. Spring Chef Stainless Steel Box Grater – The Tool for a Secure and Flexible Grating Experience
- Very sharp surface for quick and easy grating
- Sturdy handle and overall materials
- Easy to wash
- Might be too big for small kitchens
- The course shreds may be a bit far apart due to the tool’s size
2. Professional Box Grater, Stainless Steel with 4 Sides – Incredible Versatility and Fast Food Preparation
Your meal preparation is brought to a higher level by slicing, grating, and making zest in a quick and efficient manner. This may just be a simple kitchen tool, but when used properly, it can enhance the texture and improve your meal’s taste. Homeowners will be excited as it is very dishwasher safe as well.
- Sharp blades for hassle-free and quick cutting of any food types
- Easy to clean
- Safe to use, even for children wanting to help in the kitchen
- The handle could come loose after some use due to its wide grip
3. Cuisipro Surface Glide Technology 4-Sided Boxed Grater – The Grater for Maximum Effectiveness
When looking for a kitchen tool, you want to buy something that will serve multiple functions. You would also want an item that will allow you to do more without tiring yourself too much. Hence the development of the Surface Glide Technology.
- You don’t need to apply much pressure to grate effectively
- It ensures smooth and fast grating and shredding of any type of food
- It may take up more of your cabinet space
- Too sharp to use by beginners and children
4. Grate with Ease with Cuisinart CTG-00-BG Boxed Grater
- High positioned handle
- Soft and non-slip grip
- Cheap price
- Prone to movement if not handled properly
- Basic box grater functions
5. OXO Good Grips Box Grater – Convenient Grating Guaranteed
Its special function comes from its shape. It is slim for easy storage in your kitchen drawers. If you’ve purchased a kitchen with more drawers than cupboards, then you may find this feature to be very useful. Of course, this is also handy for small kitchens too.
Another special feature is the way the handle is shaped. It is rounded for diverse gripping. This gives the cook the power to shred or grate in different angles. As a busy chef, this potential can be energy saving.
- Conveniently made shape for storage and usage
- Catcher attachment for effective grating
- Using the attachment removes the non-slip base
6. KitchenAid KN300OSOBA Gourmet 4-Sided Stainless Steel Box Grater – Mess-free Grating for Every User
- High-quality and rust-resistant stainless steel
- One-year replacement and lifetime warranty
- Measuring container
- Very pricey
A Guide to Buying the Right Grater for your Kitchen
Most of you are probably familiar with a box grater. For those who are not, then this guide should enlighten you on how to use the sides of this multipurpose tool.
Box graters are a valuable tool for food preparation. No matter what type of meal you’re making, this kitchen item can be of great assistance. In addition to grating cheese and vegetables, these are also used for preparing things like tomato sauce or cheese sauce.
The use of box graters isn’t rocket science. It is actually so simple that a child can learn how to use it. It’s very low-tech and easy to use, especially if you find the right one. It doesn’t require electricity and takes less room to store. It is a small tool that will surely work wonders in your kitchen.
So, it goes without saying that the box grater is an essential item to have in every kitchen.
A typical box grater usually has 4 sides:
- The slicing hole – Most graters just have one slicing hole. Depending on the grater, however, you might find some with two. These are usually used when slicing cheese or making large curls. They don’t necessarily replace a sharp knife, but they can give you clean and smooth cuts that would look good in burgers or salads. Plus, if your knife skills is not quite up to scratch, using the slicing hole will definitely be quicker for you.
- The large shredding holes – If cheese is what you mostly want this grater for, then this is probably the side you’ll use the most. The whole surface of this side is covered with large holes and can grate both soft and hard cheese, as well as hard vegetables like carrots and potatoes.
- The small shredding holes – In case you wanted some fine gratings instead, then this is the side you use. This side might be used a lot more for preparing desserts, as you can grate chocolate bars into fine shreds and even make bread crumbs.
- The rough holes – This side of the box has teethlike edges that allow you to chew through hard food, such as hardened brown sugar, garlic, or citrus zest. This side is not really finger-friendly, so just be extra careful when grating here.
What Should I Look for in a Box Grater?
No two products are created the same. If you are seeking for the box grater that deserves a place in the heart of your home, it should possess the following qualities:
- Easy to use – You might wonder, “how can a simple tool be difficult to use?” Well, even with very simple instructions, the difficulty may lie in the part where you might not be making the full use of the tool. Some can even be dangerous if used incorrectly, so you can never be too careful. There are box graters out there that do require you to exert more effort just to grate cheese alone. You want something that will be time efficient and makes it more convenient for you to prepare food. That’s the idea behind finding the right box grater.
- Durable – There is no use in buying a box grater if it won’t serve you for a long time. No one wants to buy a tool that breaks after a few uses. It is always a good idea to purchase a durable product that will give value to your money. Before buying, it helps to ask yourself questions like, “Is the product dishwasher friendly?” or “Will the material break easily?”. These introspective questions will help you know what to look for.
- Thicker than the Average Metal – This goes along with durability. A box grater with thicker walls is more resistant to bending. Also finding one with a thicker or wider handle will feel sturdier in your grip. Having a thicker wall and handle is generally a good sign of a quality grater that can promise you years of service.
- The Shredding and Grating Holes – All box graters pretty much have the same features. They are made for grating and shredding. There are some products that have extra sides than your average 4-sided box grater. Some can have extra functions other than grating and shredding. Before buying, think about what you do in your kitchen or what you plan to do.
Box graters have been around since the 1500s. If you search online, you will find that there are tons of box graters on the market. Knowing this might be daunting because you might not be sure of which one to buy. Indeed, the options can be overwhelming.
Regardless, you do want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your hard-earned money. You would want to buy, not only something that will serve multiple purposes but will also last for a long time.
THE GREAT NEWS! You no longer have to spend your precious time online searching through all the available market on these box grater products. Here, we have come up with a list of the top box graters you can ponder on.
In this review, we have looked at the best box graters you can buy. You’ve learnt their capabilities and potential. You know each of their special features. You now have all the information and data you could need to finally shop for the right one. The final question you should ask yourself is, “What do I need for my kitchen?”
The intended use is pretty much the whole reason why people go out and buy things. That’s why you spend time searching online or reading reviews. If you don’t know what you want, then it will only make it harder for you to find the right one or worse, you might make the mistake of choosing the wrong one.
Whatever the reason, always choose the right one for YOU!